Friday, March 22, 2013

Kitchen Mood Board

1 comment
Okay. I realize that I'm not a professional interior designer or necessarily someone of importance to anyone besides my family and friends. That being said...I thought I'd share my ideas for our next home. Right now we are trying to decide between:
a) Location - building with a reputable company in a subdivision that we completely adore...knowing that we may not get everything we want in or outside the home. You can only customize a tract home so far.
or 
b) Form/Function - waiting 2 years for our current mortgage to be paid off and then build our dream home (including all of our favorite things) in some undiscovered location that may be less than ideal.

Its a hard decision to make. We would like this home to be the one we stay in for the next 30+ years. One way that I deal with stress is by obsessing focusing on something else. In this case it is how to decorate the home. Whether we get everything we want upfront or we put our hands/power tools/minds to good use and make it happen later...I'm fairly certain I we can achieve the look that I we want either way. 

Yes I'm designing this without the input of my adorably neurotic and OCD husband. Don't judge. He is actually colorblind and is pretty ambivalent about decorating on the whole. In fact...he only really cares about two things...quality...and quantity (of nail holes). As long as there is enough of the first and as few as possible of the second, he's game. He's pretty fantastic about letting me do whatever I want to achieve my vision. :)

Which brings me to my...



I love this look. It is so calming and bright and cheerful all at once! I love all things vintage. I'm fairly certain that I should have been born in another era...or several other eras. I'm pretty eclectic when it comes to style. I like things that make me feel happy. I'm not really into neutral themes that are designed to please everyone. What I love most in this room are the things that I've always been drawn to. The Farmhouse sink, Industrial Warehouse Pendant, the wannabe Tolix stools, and the cheerful fabrics. Crossing my fingers that this becomes a reality soon!

Here are the resources if you would like to see them:


  1. Martha Stewart Interior Paint in Rainwater. Using this as an accent paint color. Possibly on my pantry door. You can visit a post by Tatertots and Jello here if you would like to see what it looks like in a room. She also has Sharkey Gray in there as well which is my main wall color. She did such a great job! 
  2. Premier Prints Ozborne in Village Blue/Natural from Fabric.com
  3. Martha Stewart Interior Paint in Sharkey Gray
  4. Ivanhoe Union Warehouse Porcelain Pendant in Jadeite from Barnlightelectric.com
  5. Get the industrial feel for less! Concord Modern Satin Nickel Spiral Pull Down Faucet from Overstock.com
  6. MS International Mosaic Subway Tile in Arctic Ice at HomeDepot. You can also see it in action at Tommie & Ellie. They paired it with MS's Rainwater paint and its a perfect match! Check out their blog...they seem like wonderful people and have such a story to tell. 
  7. Domsjo Kitchen Sink at Ikea
  8. Kashmire Granite in White
  9. Lansa Hardware from Ikea
  10. Shaker Style White cabinets. Any brand would probably work but I discovered these at Nickels Cabinets. The style is Farmhouse Antique White.
  11. 5" Plank Engineered Hardwood in Vicksburg Espresso from Shaw Floors
  12. Premier Prints Zig Zag in Village Blue/Natural from Fabric.com
  13. Upholstery fabric by Christopher Lowell in Soft Touch Teal from Joann's
  14. Possible alternate to Sharkey Gray....Benjamin Moore Revere Pewter. I would like one main color throughout the house and then add accents as necessary. I'm 99% sure we'll go with Sharkey Gray but I always like a backup! 
  15. Benjamin Moore in Hawthorne Yellow
  16. Martha Stewart in Arrowroot for accent
  17. Tabouret 30" Metal Barstools from Overstock
  18. Yellow Bridge Teakettle from Crate & Barrel
  19. Thomas Paul Aviary in Maize from Fabric.com you can see it in Earth at House of Hepworths. I love that blog! 
  20. Bird Box Set from Joss & Main. Its no longer in stock but I would like something similar on my counters. Can hold loose pepper, salt, etc
  21. Vintage yellow kitchen scale
Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness! This is exactly my style as well. We are building a custom home on 3.5 acres. I'll have a little more raw wood tone and black thrown in. Good luck making a home decision.

    ReplyDelete